Monday, March 28, 2011

Book Review: Mockingjay

Book 9/25 in the 2011 Reading Challenge.  Completed March 28, 2011.

Obviously I've become quite a fan of The Hunger Games trilogy.  I wish I could put into words just what it was about these books that captivated me most. The love triangle, the fast-paced action, the slight touches of future, the drama...  I can't pinpoint it.  All I know for certain is that these three books have moved me.

Mockingjay did not disappoint.  There were moments at the end when I found my eyes widened and my heart rate picking up.  There were also moments when I found myself stealing glances at the page numbers and feeling premature withdrawals upon realizing how soon I would be reading the final pages.  I didn't know what would happen to Katniss Everdeen in the end - with all of the things she experienced almost no one ending seemed appropriate.  Until it happened, of course, and then I found the words on the final pages pages blurry through the tears in my eyes.

Suzanne Collins has simply done a remarkable job with these three books.  Color me impressed.  I'd read them again and again, and I don't often say that about books - even my favorites.  I gave each book in the trilogy a Goodreads rating of five stars, and I think each of those fifteen stars were well-deserved.

I am the kind of reader that gets engrossed in the story and attached to the characters within it.  Katniss, Prim, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch, Finnick, Annie, and Cinna, among the many other unforgettable personas in this trilogy will not soon be forgotten by me.  If you've not read or considered reading these books yet, I can honestly say I don't know what you're waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...